I was nominated to the Liebster award by dearest Randa. I think it’s such a good way to get to know a new blogger, so I was really happy when I found the comment with the nomination. I hope the bloggers I pass this award on to will be as happy as I was.
Here are the rules:
1. Provide a link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Post 11 random facts about you
3. Answer 11 random questions set by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers for the award (excluding who nominated you)
5. Let the nominees know that you have nominated them
My 11 facts
1. I have arachnophobia. I usually have to leave the room if there’s a spider on TV. I’ve also locked myself in to my room for a whole day, without anything to eat, because there was a spider in the kitchen. From the moment I woke up in the morning, till my brother came home in the afternoon.
2. I live for football (soccer) and try to arrange my schedule at work to be able to see as many games of my favorite team as possible.
3. I consider myself a Bra-expert after 1,5 year in the business
4. I’m very competitive, and people who thinks I’m calm are always in for a chock when a competition comes along
5. When I was a teenager I had really bad anxiety and can still feel small panic attacks sneak up on me when I get too stressed out. Now days I’m much better at handling them though, and it’s now where near as bad as it was then.
6. I’m obsessed with pajama pants and have pairs that are worth more than my most expensive dresses. (Important note, I rather buy a few cheaper than one expensive dress)
7. I’m the daughter daughter son daughter daughter daughter daughter son son daughter of the Swedish scientist Carl von Linné that has his portrait on the 100 SEK note. (Swedish krona)
8. I buy a teddy bear every time I visit a new country. Hope to see the collection grow this year.
9. I love collecting things. When I find something I like I always try to find more of the same. Like IsaDora’s Sugar Nails or Calvin Klein’s Bottoms up hipsters. Spice girls photos was a big thing when I was younger! Then when I get tired of it or find something else I like I start collecting that instead.
10. I love raspberries, and everything with raspberries. I’m the only one in the family that doesn’t get asked what kind of cake I want for my birthday. Everyone knows what to do and what they will be served.
11. I have a dog named Max. He’s the most adorable thing I know. Sometimes I miss him, even though we’re crawled up in bed together.
My answers to Randa’s questions
1.)Why did you start your blog?
This winter our situation at work chanced, and we were told we might not be able to work as much as we have done the last year. I felt really bad about this and realized that I spend way too much time and energy at work or thinking about work. I needed something to distract me that I could focus on when it suited me. When the Thailand trip approached I thought it would be nice to have somewhere to write about the trip, since I really enjoy writing. Along with a growing interest in fashion and beauty a blog seemed like the perfect thing for me. Now that I’m getting more readers, and followers, the joy of the blog is bigger than I thought it would be!
2.)What beauty product can you not live without?
Nail polishes in general. I love having my nails done, and I love to change color often. For me the nail polish is a small, but very important, part of the finished look. I also think it’s a good way to relax, since I have to sit down and wait for the polish to dry. That way I can let myself do nothing for a few minutes and just breathe.
|My favorite shade at the moment|
I’ll have to pick two. One from my younger days, and one a little newer.
Aladdin was my first crush ever. When I was little I always wanted to be Jasmine, both because she was beautiful (all though I wanted to be a blonde version of her since I’ve always liked my own blonde hair) and I thought Aladdin was very cute and cool.
When I was about 14 I met a girl that turned out to be a lifelong bestie. In our early days together we used to watch Finding Nemo, and really made it to our movie. My family has a big basement with a large TV room. One summer me and my friend moved down to the convertible couch and watched the movie countless times. We could even start it over, right after it ended.
4.)What is something you hope to achieve in the next five to ten years?
First of all, I want to start taking driving lessons and get my driver’s license! (Hopefully that will be done a lot sooner than in five years)
I also want to find out what I want to do with my life. My ambition is to study, but I don’t know what I want to do so I don’t know what education to apply to. I hope that within the next five years I have plan for what I want to do in the long run, and not just for now.
5.)Which song are you addicted to at the moment?
Soldier with Gavin DeGraw. I can listen to it over and over and over again!
6.)Who inspires you?
I get inspired by people that I meet in my everyday life. Friends, family, colleagues, costumers… When I see someone that spreads a lot of positive energy to people around them, with just their happy and bubbly personality. Or when I someone I know really decides to do something and I get to follow their journey close up and see the results in the end. It can be anything from losing weight to get a new job, it’s the determination and achievement that inspires me.
7.)What is your most prized possession?
My dog! Love that little fella! If I should pick something that is not a living being, I think it would be the jewelry I’ve inherited from my Grandmothers. One of them is still alive, but the other one is not, and wearing something that belonged to her reminds me that she’s still with me all the time.
“Time for reflections”. Mostly because of the way I was feeling when I wrote it. I had been sad, angry and chocked for a few days, and that day the emotions started to get mixed with inspiration to live life to the fullest. The post is short, but the feelings behind it were overwhelming.
9.)What’s your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is to lose someone I love in an unnatural way. If you’ve read my blog before you might know that a guy I know recently was a victim for attempted murder (but miraculously survived after a week in artificial coma). Losing someone at all has always been my biggest fear, but after this I realized that there are different ways of doing so, and that a case like this would be the worst thing possible.
10.)What’s your lifetime ambition?
This is a hard one since I’m not really sure about what I want to with my life. I think I would say my lifetime ambition is to find something I really love doing for a living and to make a good difference in people’s life.
11.)What is the best/ worst aspect of blogging?
The best is most defiantly all the nice people you meet from all over the world. I had fun writing posts in the beginning, but no way near how awesome it is now that I see people reading and commenting on my posts. That people actually takes their time to read what I have to say, and care enough to come back over and over again and/or leave a little comment at the end. It fantastic!
The worst must be that it’s so addicting! If I’m not writing on my own blog I read others. It makes me stay up late at nights and things I should do might get postponed for a while. Totally worth it though!