Looking about a year back, cooking was not really my cup of tea. I didn’t enjoy doing it and people didn’t enjoy eating it. As Martin and I moved in together last year and I got a little more time on my hands I decided it was time learning and now, believe it or not, I’m the one that cooks most of our food at home AND I’m enjoying it.
This weekend Martin went out with his friends and I was home alone for dinner. I love shellfish, but Martin is allergic so I took the opportunity to cook with shrimps. I made a super simple, but delicious, pasta dish and thought I’d share it with you. So, for the first time ever on this blog; a recipe! Enjoy!
Ingredients (What I used for one big portion):
- About 500g shrimps with shell
- 1 portion penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 cocktail tomatoes
- About 45g baby spinach
- 1/2 Avocado
- A small piece of lemon
- Oliv oil
- Peel the shrimps.
- Boil the pasta. While you wait, dice the garlic and cut the tomatoes to half.
- When there’s just a few minutes left on the pasta, heat some olive oil in a pan and add the garlic. Make sure to watch it so it doesn’t get burned.
- When the garlic is getting some colour add the tomatoes and the spinach. When the spinach has reduced add the shrimps and just let them heat. Don’t let it cook for too long or the shrimps might get rubbery. Season with salt, pepper and basil to your liking.
- Mix it all with the pasta and serve with the avocado on the side. Squeeze some lemon on top.
What do you think? Doesn’t it sound delicious? And simple! I’d love to read your thoughts in the comments.